Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal:

 

 

HMJ Logo Large Summer

 

 

 

July 27, 2013

 

 

  • In my life this week…

it has been challenging
we had to prepare for a funeral

Say goodbye to a special man . .
My stepfather and my kids grandfather

They did so well, Monkey Man was a Pall Bearer
then the three of them put a rose on the casket.

Our spirits have been kind of low this week. . .
so we are trying to find things to bring us back up.

 

 

  • In our homeschool this week…

Can you believe that we are on our 6th week of school
already? Wow!!!

We didn’t stay on task this week, due to all that was going on
but the kids are almost done with the week, probably a few things
to make up over the weekend and we are good.

We are working hard on our regular, Math, English, Science,
Poetry, and Handwriting. Then Monkey man has been really enjoying the
new History that you will see a review for shortly!

On vacation for 2 weeks after today!

 

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Schedule really is key…
If we get off our schedule, everything goes downhill.

 

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

Next week, the girls and I are going to be doing a 3 day
Day Camp that me and a Co-leader are putting on for them.

We have library, book club, piano,
a couple appts, maybe a movie, and playground time.

Hoping to either get a game night in, or a play date.

YOU?

 

  • My favorite thing this week was…

Seeing all my family

 

 

  • My kiddos favorite thing this week was…

Having a movie night, and tenting out in the living room!

 

 

  • Things I’m working on…

Plans for our next 6 weeks of school…

And purging some of our stuff… I’m organizing and cleaning.
It is getting scary in here!

 

 

  • I’m cooking…

Tonight we are having spaghetti
salad, and garlic bread

 

  • I’m grateful for…

My amazing friends that listened when I needed to just vent,
and my kids.

 

  • I rewarded my kids this week by…

I haven’t had a chance to reward them yet this week..
So we are going to have to make it up next week.

Maybe a movie. . . They want to see Turbo, and Despicable Me 2

 

  • Something I am ogling or have my eye on…

Nothing right now…

 

 

  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

    Playing with the camera again!

DSC_0010

No comments: